Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A Thank You Letter from One of Our Survivors

Dear Club 90,

Dr. Suddiqui sees me in the right direction, I’ll be off my medical needle she says, going for treatment for drugs and alcohol is the first step. This is my ten years of work to find out my life is worth more, I am motivated in the society and learning more every day.

Medicine and counseling, determination to survive and function better, I have strength to acquire knowledge of my physical and mental addictions being able to help others as well through a long time of helps and friendships.

I now have knowledge on addiction and I am going to school and counseling in the New Year. But further, gained respect for others that may be just like me. Always trying to volunteer, was a great skill to learn, it opens opportunities and qualities that give hope in people’s lives.

Always reaching out was great because it allows us to be friends which will open doors so that others will think so themselves and they will try to get help as well. But becoming my own person and doing what is best for me with every little step it will take, I am strong and willing to get there and lead my life in the right direction, positive and healthy without drugs and alcohol.

I am going to the treatment center on January 11th to find out if I am accepted for treatment. I thank you all at Club 90 for your help and your support. If it wasn’t for all of you being there for me, telling me to take my medicine and remembering to ask for help. I would be alone fighting a Concurrent Disorder, due to my drug abuse and relying on only drugs of choice, I’ve struggled to break free but now have the chance once again to make things right.

Thank You,
Derek B.

1 comment: